Become a Member of the Oyster Mill Family
Oyster Mill Playhouse is a non-profit community theatre that is managed entirely by volunteers. Our volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and a wide range of ages from all walks of life. Volunteers are always needed, whether on stage, back stage, in the box office or behind-the-scenes. Volunteer opportunities are open to everyone and prior experience is not required.
If you are interested in theatre or are looking for something fun, creative, challenging and rewarding to do, we hope you will participate as a volunteer and become a member of Oyster Mill Playhouse.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO:
- Audition for a role in a play or musical
- Serve as director, musical director or choreographer for a production
- Play an instrument for our musicals
- Assist with scene and costume changes back stage
- Design scenery, stage lighting plots, costumes and sound effects
- Construct and paint scenery, hang stage lights and build costumes
- Run the Box Office, sell program ads and raise funds
- Serve on the board of directors or serve on a committee
- House manage and usher for a performance
- Edit and publish our newsletter and programs
- Prepare press releases and advertising copy
- Maintain the playhouse, grounds and theater equipment